Hey all! I found a new hobby – videography! LOL.
I’m a newbie, and I find this interesting. Time-consuming fun. I decided to record this because I was bored. I used this recipe for my Buttercream Flower Cake. I’ll put up pictures of the pretty cake soon. For now, make a cake!
If you’re a lazy baker like me who hates washing multiple bowls, and likes throwing the ingredients in the bowl straight from the measuring cups and spoons, this recipe is for you, or us, rather!
I love it because it’s really easy to make, and turned out very soft and moist. I know you’ll love it too!
I made an 8-inch round, 2.5-inch cake with the batter this recipe.
What a newb, right?! LOL! Anyway, let’s just move on to the recipe.
What you’ll need:
2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (or Cake Flour)
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Cups Vegetable Oil (or Canola Oil, whichever you prefer)
2 Cups Water
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla (but, I used Butter Vanilla Extract)
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line an 8″ round pan with parchment paper.
- Throw in all the dry ingredients to the bowl, whisk. You may also sift it, but I never sift because I’m a lazy bum. Whisking does a good job anyway.
- Pour in all the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth. Pour the batter to the cake tin. Stick a flower nail in the center for even baking.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Eat the cake