I like cheesecakes, but not the cotton or Japanese ones. But, I gave it a try anyway, and it turned out well. It’s soft, not too sweet, not too sour, and just right. I never felt guilty eating 3 successive slices of this cake. It felt really light to my tummy.
It’s pretty, but I would’ve wanted more cheesy taste to it. I like sour cream cheese. Sweet and sour.
Anyway, if you’re interested in my pretty cotton cheesecake, I’ll write down the recipe for you.
What you’ll need:
Optional: You can dust the top with icing sugar, just like I did in the picture, if you want to. 3-5 tablespoons, but it’s all up to you.
What you’ll do:
0. Line the bottom of a 9″ round pan. Do not line the sides, just grease it with butter. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare water bath.
1. Make the egg yolk mixture: microwave cream cheese, butter and milk on 20-second intervals, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, salt, and egg yolks. Blend well with a hand mixer or a whisk.
2. Make the meringue: in a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Mix 1/3 of meringue to the egg yolk mixture, then fold in the remaining 2/3 until smooth.
4. Pour batter into the pan, and bake in water bath for 1 hour. Make sure at least 1/3 of the pan is immersed in water bath.
It’s that easy. But you’ll need a lot of bowls. LOL